WELCOME!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog! You really do not understand how much I appreciate it. If you have any questions/suggestions/or if you just want to say hi, PLEASE send me an email!! My email address is tmc089@hotmail.com and I LOVE getting emails, especially bloggy-related ones :D!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Smashbox Photo Finish Primers Review


"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation to increase its longevity, our best-selling primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. In a new square airless pump for freshness to the last drop."



I got Smashbox Photofinish Primer as a gift in a previous beauty exchange via The Purse Forum, and I instantly fell in love with it. For a while, I only used it for special occasions when I really needed my makeup to pull through and stay on all night, and daily I'd use Monistat Chafing Gel, which is a great alternative. I wouldn't call it a substitute though. At first they felt so similar, but after using Monistat for so long then switching to smashbox, I have found a new love for this stuff! What I really like about it is the instant gratification. Right when you apply it, you get a clean, smooth canvas to apply your makeup.

"Our latest primer innovation! Our new oil-free, 60% water based primer is ideal for oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. This silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for visibly softer skin and can be worn alone or under foundation to increase its longevity. The revolutionary formula has oil absorbers for a smooth matte finish all day, light diffusers to minimize the appearance of imperfections, and vitamin C and peptides to help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future. In a new square airless pump for freshness to the last drop."


Now, smashbox Photofinish Light Primer. I just got a sample the other day from the lovely Jen over at A Beautyful Sentiment. I really like this stuff too!! I'm pretty sure the difference is that the Light formula has more of a water base in it, and made more for oily skin types. I have combination skin, and I used the Light primer this morning. I had a busy day, helping my mom move, and my makeup stayed in place all day long.

The only con about Photofinish Light is that it doesn't offer that instant gratification for me. It's really not a big deal, I let it sit for a few seconds on my skin and I got that silky smooth skin I got with regular Photofishish. I would give both of these formulas 5 out of 5 stars.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PS!! Can anyone tell me if anything is...like wrong with my page?? Lol, Miss Holly left me a comment on my last post saying some of my links weren't working and that she wasn't seeing my updates in her Dashboard (I'm pretty sure that's what she meant!)  So if anyone has any issues, please let me know! THANK YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!! I really appreciate it :)